Vintage Southern Weddings at Magnolia HIll

Vintage Southern Weddings at Magnolia HIll
Southern Romantic Weddings, Destination Weddings and Receptions at Alda's Magnolia Hill • 5110 Stageoach Road, Little Rock, Arkansas | call: 501-690-2574

Thursday, July 23, 2015

A Trade Secret - Handmade Flower Girl Dresses


Pearls for the flower girl and matching headpiece


I’ve made some really special friends through my years of hosting weddings and one of them is Karen Ellis (no relation, although I would love to claim her!) who designs and hand makes the cutest Flower Girl dresses. A couple of years ago, her daughter Hannah was married here at Magnolia Hill. You know how you just "click" with some people, and become instant friends? I think that is what I love about what we do, is that I become friends for sharing in a lifetime event of a wedding.


Mother of the Bride, Karen Ellis looks like she could have been a bridesmaid!






Since the wedding, I kept up with Karen and stay amazed at her design talents. She is a kindred entrepreneur spirit and I thought I would share some of her work....Everyone was talking about the cute "Fluff Ball" dress that the Flower Girls wore. The Mother of the Bride designed and made them, including a matching headpiece.



Our banner carrier says "Oh Happy Day" in a Karen Ellis designed dress.


 And for a Rustic Barn wedding...how cute is this?


or this...

A Denim top and cowboy boots complete the outfit for a Rustic Barn Wedding.

And so I am saving my favorite for last....I am crushing on these colors !
 
It was no secret I loved the classic vintage style Hannah and her mother, Karen chose for their wedding. I am so excited to share with all my brides the handmade element of these darling children's dresses...or Fluff Balls as I call them! 

 To contact Karen....

ellisoriginals501@gmail.com 
Or they can FB message me @ Karen Ellis or Ellis Originals 
Or 
can text Karen @ 501-951-2986

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting wedding photographs!! Wedding is a spiritual event from God. We should celebrate this special occasion with all our loved ones. The guest list in my wedding is going to be so huge so I have been finding some spacious reception halls in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete