Vintage Southern Weddings at Magnolia HIll

Vintage Southern Weddings at Magnolia HIll
Southern Romantic Weddings, Destination Weddings and Receptions at Alda's Magnolia Hill • 5110 Stageoach Road, Little Rock, Arkansas | call: 501-690-2574

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A Tribute to Mothers and Daughters



Love you more...





When Mother Teresa was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, the selfless nun was asked, "What can we do to promote world peace?"  Mother Teresa replied, "Go home and love your family." This love is shown just before a wedding when we ask our Mother's of the Bride to give a sentimental "Last Kiss of my single daughter " on our southern front porch just before the ceremony.  




It seems that God has greater plans for us, than we could ever dream up on our own.  For it was several  years ago my heart was feeling moved to share a tribute to motherhood, that I was asked to write a book about my own mother.  I knew I was truly blessed with her and that God had given me one of the best mothers He ever created.. Little did I know that shortly after agreeing to write a book about mothers, I would lose mine.



My mother died on the evening of her fifty-ninth wedding anniversary. My father was by her side holding her hand as he had always been.  Earlier that evening, Mother had allowed all of us to say our tender good-byes and feel complete.  As I placed my head softly on her chest, as she lay in the hospital bed, I hugged her one last time for this world and she hugged me back.




And so it is with a saddened but joyful heart that I truly understand a mother's love.  For a mother's love is not something that lasts just for a lifetime, it is something that lasts even longer.  A mother's love is truly always and forever.  





"The most precious jewels you'll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children."
-author unknown




"I want my daughters to be beautiful, accomplished, and good; to be admired, loved, and respected; to have a happy youth, to be well and wisely married, and to lead useful, pleasant lives, with as little care and sorrow to try them as God sees fit to send.   To be loved and chosen by a good man is the best and sweetest thing which can happen to a woman; and I sincerely hope my girls may know this beautiful experience."  
                                                           - Mrs. March in "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott



"A mother holds her children's hands for a while, their hearts forever."
-author unknown




"You are far more precious than jewels."   
Proverbs 31:10



"Who ran to help me when I fell, 
And who would some pretty story tell, 
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My mother."
                                    - Ann Taylor



"No one tells you that the hardest part of motherhood is when your kids grow up." 
- Linda Pringle



A Legacy of 3 Generations on Wedding Day

"I long to put the experience of fifty years at once into your young hands, to give you at once the key of that treasure chamber every gem of which has cost me tears and struggles and prayers, but you must work for these inward treasures yourselves. " 
                                           - Harriet Beecher Stowe to her twin daughters, 1861


Dear friends,  here is hoping you are blessed to celebrate mothers on this Sunday in May as we give our hearts to the people and places that nourish our souls. 


No comments:

Post a Comment