Vintage Southern Weddings at Magnolia HIll

Vintage Southern Weddings at Magnolia HIll
Southern Romantic Weddings, Destination Weddings and Receptions at Alda's Magnolia Hill • 5110 Stageoach Road, Little Rock, Arkansas | call: 501-690-2574

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Welcoming Spring on the Porch & Gratitude


Hi friends! With Easter only a week away, I thought I would share how Spring 
has blossomed and bunnies have multiplied . 

 The dogwood wreath on the front door is
my spring inspiration for I just love Dogwood trees. 


When the first buds of spring peep through their winter sleep, 
I start fluffing the pillows on the porch.   




 As the miracle of spring unfolds, I like to think of my front porch 
as a cozy resting spot in which we find the reassurance 
of new beginnings especially this year. 

Bunnies seemed to be popping up on the porch everywhere...



It was so nice to have a clean fresh porch! 
 If you have known me very long, 
you know I love a porch, and the gatherings on the porch.

 This forced quiet time has certainly let us keep busy
with projects like installing a new front porch and painting it. 

 Living in a hundred year old house there is 
always something that needs some refreshing. 
A fresh coat of paint will feel smooth and cool to summers bare feet.  


 I found it was too easy to become overwhelmed,
 and stressed watching the news on the 24 hour television
 that was holding me captive. 
 I had to turn it off and get busy while limiting
 myself to checking in only once a day. 
The porch seems a nice diversion to step away from all the news. 





Quiet reflection on the porch... Reading a good book, 
counting my blessings, and especially missing those I love... .


 The rocking chairs got a fresh coat of paint too. 
They were a Christmas gift from my husband the first year in our house.








Miss Magnolia finds herself all alone these days
except for a few left over jonquils. 

Enjoying the last camilla blooms from
 time spent on the porch. 
Notes to self while under "house arrest" ....enjoy the gift of the day. 

 My heart is saddened by the loss of a lifelong friend
 to the virus. Yet I am so full of gratitude 
with her gift of friendship through the years. 


" No disaster can overtake you, 

No plague can come hear your dwelling;
For He shall give His angels charge over you, 
To keep you in all your ways. "
Psalm 91:10-11


Stay well, sweet friends, stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment